York STS Glute/Ham Bench
York STS Glute/Ham Bench
AVAILABLE/IN STOCK NOW
Review: For many years the Glute/Ham bench was nothing more than a dream for UK strength and performance coaches as no-one had made a version and the cost of shipping from the US was prohibitively expensive. This was to soon change when GymRatZ were contacted by the strength and conditioning coach for the London Irish Rugby squad. Working closely with the coach our design and fabrication team produced (after a few failed designs) the UK's very first Glute/Ham bench. Soon to be cloned and copied by other gym equipment manufacturers but we can lay claim to producing the very first design in the UK.
That was many years ago now and our original design is everywhere. The only real downside to it is it was super-engineered for the biggest and heaviest of professional Rugby Players so there's a lot of metal which ensures it is indestructible but also often prices it out of the lighter duty commercial market. Until now there wasn't anyhting to fill the gap however this is now not the case as York Barbell have added a Glute/Ham bench to their excellent value STS range of benches and racks.
Now at long last there is a commercial grade Glute/Ham bench suitable for commercial gyms that comes in at under 2/3rd the price of our fully fabricated super heavy duty GymRatZ one. Read on: you KNOW you need one!
York STS Glute/Ham Bench is strong ,sturdy and very well built, a full commercial product designed by York Barbell in Canada , very well made in China. Designed to perfectly match the full range of York STS lifting and safety gym equipment, cages and weights benches. Whilst not quite being the equivalent of our fully fabricated GymRatZ range it is much more suited to the commercial training environment than most other similar product ranges that are manufactured in China.
This York STS Glute/Ham Bench is perfect for Crossfit, club, leisure centre, school gym or just about any other commercial gym. With a great range of adjustment the York STS Glute/Ham Bench affords scope to cater for a wide range of users.
Price-wise this Glute/Ham bench falls nicely between the heavy duty and light duty commercial offerings. Great value and a great design. Highly recommended.
A light commercial or full commercial gym would be well served by the whole STS range although for the seriously heavy duty and millitary gyms, powerlifting and bodybuilding style gyms we would still always suggest our own GymRatZ or GymEquip range of fabricated units all made in England to our very demanding specification.
More specifics of the York STS Glute/Ham Bench as follows:
- The Glute/Ham offers a multi-functional capability, which enables the user to perform both hamstring, lower back and abdominal strengthening exercises.
- Can be used for Roman chair sit-ups
- The Glute/Ham Bench is particularly useful in an athletic environment as the lower back and hamstring areas are often over looked when training for competition.
- The Twin pad design maximises users comfort and has 70cm of adjustments by way of 29 positioned holes along the 50mm squared chrome guide bar, accommodating for any size user.
- Both the 230mm diameter thigh/hip 2 piece roller and the 140mm diameter ankle stabilisers adjust vertically by 8 positions and 7 positions respectively.
- This bench has large diamond-plate foot plates for a greater stability between the foot and lower leg region.
- Fully Mig welded frame, and machined on a jig to ensure consistent manufacture.
- Made with 52mm x 76mm steel tubing and 3mm sheet steel.
- Finished in highly durable, scratch resistant, electrostatic powder coat paint. This is baked in a temperature controlled oven to completely cure and maximize the durability of the platinum sparkle fi nish (frame) and crinkle black (back pad support)
• Dimensions (to follow)
• Product weight (to follow
Flat packed requiring basic assembly before first use.
This item is typically shipped flat-packed from stock for delivery within 2 to 3 working days.
The UK's first Glute Ham Bench, the GymRatZ Glute Ham Bench was made to spec. for London Irish R.F.C. has has been made for many more top flight rugby clubs since.
The improvements of the Deluxe version of the Reverse Hyper Extension Bench, over our regular version can be seen in the video. The more elite environments favouring specialist equipment such as Glute Ham Bench, GRowler, Power Runner, Iso Machine's etc. have opted for the superb beefed up....
Since GymRatZ introduced the Glute Ham Bench to the UK (see: GymRatZ Glute Ham Bench) for top sports clubs and organisations, many companies now offer a version of this fabulous machine, including Exigo. This Exigo offering is well made and comfortable to use (just what you want really!) and